Wednesday, August 27, 2014

manna

A couple weeks ago, I listened to a itinerant preacher share his experiences...one of the recurring themes in his sermon was about how he lavishly shared his resources especially money... he would tip taxi drivers, waitress, air stewardesses...and basically anyone he came into contact with because he believed in using manna to spread the kingdom of God...I was somewhat leery because I thought he was hinting that the congregation should give him more money (he was selling some books..) and got slightly offended and wasn't open to his message at all and thought why should I give money away to spread the gospel? Surely one could do that in other ways....

Fast forward to Monday this week....I was asked to go for a lunch on short notice and there were four persons in total...I was early and waited for the other three to arrive...the moment they did and sat down, one of the girls looked at me directly and said, "I was going to treat the other two persons but I didn't factor you in."

Can someone say ouch?

This girl used to sell insurance...and I had bought several policies from her...during the time she was my agent, she was rather nice and generous..... now she's working in a different field and she loves to share about how much God loves her and how mightily He is using her in supernatural ways..

I guess maybe she didn't realize that instead of insurance, she's selling the gospel of Christ now...

How much would the meal would have cost? About $35 per person tops.

If I were a non-believer, would I believe that the God she serves is an abundant loving God?

Nope.

As a believer, would I believe that God has truly transformed her life?

Nope.

And the silly thing is..it's really not about the money.... I could have paid for it myself...it's not a big deal....it was just how unloving and unkind the person came across...no one likes to be excluded...God, please give me the grace to forgive and flush my heart with love for this person...




No comments:

Post a Comment