Monday, August 11, 2014

The Root

I think I have finally identified the root of most of the quarrels that the Keeper and I have... on my part, it is the troubling doubt, "Does he really love me??!" When he seemed a bit careless with his words or actions, that was the conclusion I'd instantly jump to.... "That proves he doesn't love me!!!!" 

I didn't realize it previously but the Keeper takes our marriage extremely seriously.....he sees it (correctly!) as a lifelong commitment between us and God. And then I thought about the vows in which he said that he will give his life for me like Christ did for his church....and inquired,

"Sweetie, will you die for me?"

Without hesitation, he said, "yes."

Wow. 

When I have full confidence that my husband loves me and is committed to our relationship with his very life....it is very easy for me to assume the best of him and the situation and the tendency to want to fight him disappears.. 

A parallel perhaps might be drawn with Christ and His bride....sometimes we may doubt God's love..and when we do wonder, we tend to wander off...sulk and throw tantrums....and wrestle with Him and accuse Him of things that He's not guilty of...but He has already proven His love on the cross with the ultimate sacrifice.....so let us be smart and do ourselves a favour by relinquishing those lies and bask in the love of the One who willingly went to Hades and back...

No comments:

Post a Comment