Friday, August 1, 2014

One year ago on this day...


This day last year.

The above happened.

Just a few moments before the picture was taken, the following exchange was said...

GROOM

I, Dennis Ison, take you Sim Chin Ting to be my wife, before God who brought us together; to love and cherish you even as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for her, to lead you and share all of life's experiences with you by following God; that through His grace may we grow together into the likeness of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.

BRIDE

And with this ring, I, Sim Chin Ting, take you, Dennis Ison, to be my husband, before God who brought us together, to love you, cherish you, to submit myself unto you in all things, and to follow you through all of life's experiences as you follow God; that through His grace may we grow together into the likeness of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.
Dear Dennis, what a blessing it is to be able share my life's journey with you.

Thank you for being such an exemplary model of a servant-leader, for demonstrating what being kind, gentle and sacrificial looks like on a daily basis and for always believing in the best of me and spurring me to be the best version of myself and reminding me to keep my eyes on the cross when I fumble and for being strong yet tender...for doing the right thing even when no one is watching.

Thank you. God answered all my prayers and more in you and my heart overflows with joy for the privilege of being your help meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment