Wednesday, September 3, 2014

the counsel of the Holy Spirit brings peace...

My soul was vexed...after attending church and seeing a person who had treated me poorly worship the Lord flamboyantly..

and then I came home and saw on facebook some interactions between this person and some of our now mutual friends and was sorta horrified... "Do they not know her true colours? Is she so good at concealing herself that no one knows her true self? Do these people not have discernment? Are they not able to see her for who she is?" Come to think of it, maybe she doesn't know her true self...

So it was with a rather troubled heart that I fell asleep and then upon waking up, I thought about the matter some more....and this time, the thoughts were from another slant... "would I prefer that she not have encouraging friends? What if this is part of her healing journey? Would I trust the lord to deal gently with her and to restore her?

Yup, I can bless her. I can ask the lord to show her love and compassion and to give her a hope and a future. I can trust the Lord to do what is right and just. I do not have to trust her or have a relationship with her but I can forgive her and give her over to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment