Sunday, August 10, 2014

Intimacy

The other day, something awkward happened. 

I was leaving church and asked a friend if she wanted to go home together since we live rather close by and she said that she is going home with two other ladies who live her area and one of them who was standing next to her.
Then she mentioned that she saw my youngest sister and asked me if I'm going home with her. Then I said that most probably I'd get a lift from her then.
The lady next to her perked up and asked if she could get a lift too...and I said that I've have to ask... but I didn't... and I feel rather bad about it..

Why? 

1. I really don't know this lady and have not seen her before in my life.
2. I don't think that my sister was that happy to give me a lift even tho we live in the same block. (things have not been too cordial between us for some time now.)
3. I also didn't think that she likes to give random people lifts...as she and her husband are usually very much sleep deprived and their car is usually very dirty and I wasn't sure if they would be embarrassed by that...
I was thinking in my mind...lady, if it is my husband, I can definitely ask and know that he will say yes... cos I know him so well...he rarely passes up a chance to show love and to serve others. 


Now I wonder if it's in any way similar to our relationship with Christ.....that if we need a favor or some help, when we're close to Him, we'll know His character and preferences, it'd be easy for us to know His response and to ask Him for anything without any fear or reservations...

No comments:

Post a Comment