Monday, October 28, 2013

physical intimacy in marriage

I think this article sums up very articulately my current views on physical intimacy in marriage.

If it is something is so important to my husband's well being, why would I not want to provide it for him?

A wife thinks about what to feed, how to clothe and generally, how to make her husband happy - and also help him succeed in all his goals..and if it's the only thing in the world that only a wife can do for a husband, it really does not make much sense to hold it back from him as currency or to have any reason not to do it.. granted, yes, that most women are holding a full time job and feel more compelled than men (usually) to take care of household chores and the children, which makes them effectively pull double shifts every day and they are genuinely exhausted physically, mentally and emotionally........I guess it all comes back to the heart attitude...whether I want to serve my husband and put his needs above mine?

But having said that,  I do admit that I am an inherently quite selfish person.... that frequently I only do good to someone cos I know then I will have a better chance of getting a preferable response for something else that I might need later... Fortunately for me, the Keeper is a very unselfish person.....and I hope to become more and more like him in that respect...

Bottomline, I think it is a privilege and honour to be able to accept and give love in the most intimate way possible and it is really quite enjoyable, right??? (I can visualize so many facepalms now....muahahaha...really, I didn't start out this post with the intent to terrorize... :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment