Sunday, March 9, 2014

wedding dinner updates..

things to give thanks for..

1. everything for the wedding is on track. We basically have to turn up and enjoy the night. :) ("enjoy" is used rather loosely in this context...) We have the venue and all the arrangements there confirmed, bills are paid in advance so as to enjoy maximum rebates from the credit card companies, the montage is ready and the groom's speech is almost ready too! (awaiting translation from English to Mandarin by one of my friends' husband who works as a Chinese teacher..initially I thought I could do the translation but realized that nope, my Chinese is not powerful enough.....the friend's husband is also a worship leader and very godly man so I thought that he would be able to convey the message of God's grace much more clearly than me..)

2. we have a face painter!!! courtesy of one of my colleagues! He's the pastry chef at my hospital and we were having dinner at the staff canteen one day and got talking about his family and he told me that his wife is actually a face painter and usually does children's faces on sentosa... I only considered getting some entertainment for the children after one of my cousin's husband mentioned that he attended a wedding where the couple marched down the aisle to the minion song and provided the children with alot of entertainment... to be frank, I was rather overwhelmed when I heard that...I have to make sure that I look my best, my husband looks his best, my parents are happy, the wedding helpers are happy and the guests are happy and now the children too?!! *growl*
But ok, it wasn't that bad...and my colleague is blessing me with his wife's art...so that does help ALOT.

3. We have pre-dinner entertainment!! Prophetic art and blessings from my eldest sister and her friends. Like fortune telling but Christian style!! If you don't already know it, our wedding dinner is a thinly veiled excuse to share the love of God with predominantly my family and pre-believing friends so I was really excited when my sister and friends agreed! Woo hoo!

4. We have cupcakes! Courtesy (but we're still paying him- he's such a gooood negotiator...) of a 16 year old nephew...his uncles are the bosses of the Paradise group so I can safely say that food and catering runs in his blood....he's going to make about 72 cupcakes in assorted flavours, 12 individual cheese cakes and some cute heart shaped waffles...I told him that I needed a really cute dessert table and to feed approximately 80 pax (we have 160 guests BUT I'm guess not everyone will take sweets...)..more like photo opportunity...

5. We have make up artistes!!! One for me, one for my mom! Yay! The one for my mom did a wonderful job for my aunt and I am rather excited at the thought of my mom looking fabulous! Originally my make up artiste is my younger sister but she's been rather stressed out and grouchy of late and I'm not sure if she's going to be able to do a good job on the actual day and not stress me out more in the process...........

6. AND veil!! on loan courtesy of a girlfriend who recently got married! So sweet and generous of her...

other loose ends to tie up:

1. Videography: YAY or NAY. This awaits further discussion with the Keeper. ALL of my girlfriends said 'YES YES, DO IT!" but I'm thinking it's a bit of a waste of money since we already have a wedding photographer and my hubby shares the same sentiment... but after all the other additions, I'm wavering a bit...(especially after a recent fiasco involving paying 80 bucks for a deed poll which I might not use...80 bucks! It can pay for a really nice meal!!)

2. measurements for the wedding cheongsam. My second sister is doing it for me....and basically it was cos the white gown which I intended to wear is a bit tricky to wear without exposing my bust to any body taller than me..for some reason (most probably I hadn't tied it probably) there's a huge gap... and ok, the main reason, you can now see my tummy....I think I've gained about 2 kgs since I got it...but didn't think it would make sure a big difference...and another lame reason is that the tie that I got for my hubby to match the gown was pink and the gown actually has peach, not pink, accents...I had remembered wrongly... :P

My husband's reply to this revelation was: "wouldn't it be easier to get another tie instead of making a cheongsam?"

It would.....but a cheongsam would look very different from the evening gown which I will wear for the march in and it helps to keep another element of surprise for the guests...as Dennis and I will already be mingling with them during the cocktail hour...

yes, the truth is out. I am just vain. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment