Sunday, March 16, 2014

a rose by any other name...

After he gave an especially eloquent answer to some bible study materials we were going through, I gazed at my husband admiringly and exclaimed:
"Sweetie, are you sure you don't want to become a preacher??!"
He seemed just a tad uncomfortable and launched into a rather lengthy reply of how he thought that our gifts and talents as a couple might work together quite well in hospitality and modeling the love of God in our home and sharing the gospel that way...
I looked at him in slight amusement and said, "Don't worry! I didn't pray to be a pastor's wife..I just prayed to marry a pastor's son...."
But who knows what God might have planned........ (So ominous.... ;P we are ALL called to be light and salt of the earth... so even without an official title, we are all commanded to spread the gospel and minister to the hurt...so same same, right??)

No comments:

Post a Comment