Monday, September 22, 2014

14 Years A Christian

While on a long train ride home with a relatively new friend, we were sharing experiences of our Christian journey and he said something rather profound..

"The more I know, the more I realize I don't know..!"

A vision came to my mind... a chicken which was previously in a battery cage being released into green pastures and now has no boundaries and is free to roam around and eat whatever it likes...

The chicken is me.

In the cage, even though it was cramped, I felt safe. Food, though, unappetizing and highly processed, came at regular intervals and I knew where everything was supposed to be and if any fellow chickens got out of line, I can even peck at them to let them know!

But in the pastures, I have to forage for food and there is no timetable and no gates....and the skies are wide open above me....what if predators come eat me?!

And I asked God, "Lord! What if the eagles catch me?! I'm afraid of the eagles! I prefer the safety of the cage!"

"What nonsense. You are an eagle yourself. Fly."

Ahhh...no wonder I wasn't producing eggs in the cage...I wasn't even a chicken to begin with........

No comments:

Post a Comment