Monday, December 9, 2013

How the Keeper got his nickname..

a rehash from a FB post....blogging it here again for posterity......it was written in April 2013..

definitely a keeper...
I have told the first part of this story to some friends and the usual reaction is one of shock and disgust. (and now I guess, they must have also wondered if there's anything wrong with my brain..)

One guy whom I was seriously dating AND considering marrying AND already agreed to marry told me moments after he 'sorta' proposed : "If you ever get fat, I'd like you to go for liposuction." My incredulous response was: " Do you know it's more dangerous than getting a liver transplant?"

He looked thoughtful for a while and I thought he was going to retract his earlier statement. Instead, he said matter of factly: "We just have to find a good doctor."

So recently, I got attached again and I realized that the insecurities from that last relationship had grown (despite all I passionately post about having a healthy body image and the beauty myth, I don't think I'm fully out of the shadows..) and I asked the guy about a certain part of me which I felt especially uncomfortable about. 


And his reply was: "They're fine because they belong to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment