Tuesday, December 10, 2013

God sighting 10th Dec 2013

This morning I was trying to record a passage of the New Testament for the Keeper and was struggling big time with a runny nose. It wasn't a cold per se but allergy reactions to the cats' dander...having to pause the recording every few seconds made me realize how severe it's gotten...(and yes I still touch Didi at times...he's like sin...so enticing but you really pay for the consequences...oh I can take antihistamines but they make me really drowsy and it's not an ideal state for work...and the runny nose resolves by about noon daily..)

And then I thought about messaging the Keeper to whine about it but thought..what good would that do? He'd most probably remind me of the move to Kentucky in less than 24 weeks..

So I tried to console myself with the thought of staying with Hachi for 10 days later this month when his owner goes back to Australia for the Christmas holidays...and thought how nice it'd be if I could stay there longer but to be content with a short respite...

And voila! Hachi's owner messages me to let me know that she's had some change of plans and will be extending her stay in Sydney and if I could help for about three and a half weeks!!! 

Of course I can!!! :D 

(My mum didn't appear too thrilled with the news though and looked rather scornful after she found out that it's not a paid gig and said,"so you are volunteering?!?" I think she's the sort of person who does not understand illness or allergies...she thinks that I am just making the allergies up and being too finicky about the cleanliness of our home...I showed her my swollen blood shot eyes and she remarked, "they don't look that bad what..." Yup, compassion and empathy is definitely not her strong suite...but thankfully God seems more sympathetic..yay to quiet and clean living in the middle of the city next week!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment