Tuesday, January 7, 2014

RSVP

actually I do not like going for wedding dinners and reckon that they are usually rather boring and costly affairs.....

two years ago, I had friends getting married almost every month and the expense over a year was the equivalent of a month's salary which I thought was quite painful..... :P

so I came up with some guidelines..that when a friend invites me for their wedding dinner.. the criteria is:

"Have we met up more than 3 times in the past year?"

If not, then most probably I should decline...though I think I am the sort of person who finds it easier to say yes.. :/

and of course, this is barring friends who are overseas or friends from 'childhood' days....

the criteria that I gave to my younger sister when she asked me whom she should invite for her wedding dinner was "Do you want to see them at your funeral?"

Hmm.

I've invited almost half of the friends on my facebook list and was surprised and extremely touched at some who said yes and some who said no... I guess the best reasons to decline would be travelling in a different country for training or work....the most filmsy one so far was "I would have to work that day".. (I was thinking maybe he's going through some financial difficulties..)

Well, there is a reason why an invite is given months in advance so that you can try to tweak your work schedule....so says the person who finds it hard to hear a 'no'...

but actually that's preferable to a maybe or non-response...at least some closure.. hmm.

God, you are our most important guest; thank you for attending and please bless all the guests who will be there as well!! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment