Wednesday, June 25, 2014

let the little children come to me...

Last night I went to visit a friend at her place...mainly to meet and play with her two daughters.. they are 5 and 2.5 years old and my friend seemed rather surprised that I enjoy being with children so much...

while we were at the playground, it suddenly struck me that when I was at her eldest daughter's age, my parents had already starting leaving me alone at home...and my usual routine consists of waking up and then watching tv or playing and then getting ready for school and then going to school by myself... I looked at her little girl and I think my heart ached a little bit for the 5 year old me who had to do so many things without any adult supervision....we were holding their hands the whole time and they were totally free to be children and to cry and know that they'd be comforted by their mom..

Maybe the reason why I like children so much is that I think that they are very innocent and deserve all the love I can give them.... and also to prevent another child from going through the same pain I did and perhaps...(this is something which just occurred to me..)  reliving and healing my own childhood in the process?



No comments:

Post a Comment