Saturday, November 2, 2013

Slowly skimming away insecurities...

About three years ago, I met this guy (actually a more accurate term would be 'scumbag'..) and he seemed to fit perfectly the profile of what I wanted in a husband..things got really serious..he proposed, I accepted and the search started in earnest for a flat...but somehow things still didnt feel quite right and I prayed for God to show me his true colours and it turns out that he was really serious about the marriage alright.....so that he could get money from me to pay for the flat...yeah, it was a rather tragic story and everyone tells me how fortunate I am that I found out before the wedding.....and I guess, that's also one of the reasons why everyone is so happy that I am now married to a fantastic guy..

So this week, the Keeper told me that the bank's called him about refinancing our house and the rates are rather favorable and will allow us to finish paying off the mortgage 4 years earlier.. 

And then he tells me that my signature is needed on the documents as well..

Unbeknownst to him, major alarm bells start ringing...

So I asked why my signature is required...

He replied simply.."it's state law."

Not satisfied, I asked again after a while..

He replied this time: "because you're my wife."

I said something which as soon as it left my mouth, words I couldn't quite believe too..

"So I have to pay for the house if you run away?"

He looked rather bemused and said.."well, I wouldn't put it that way...the insurance covers all that....it's  more like, the house would still belong to you if anything happened to me..."

Thank you God for giving me a extremely calm husband who does not take offense easily...and gently bringing painful parts of my past to the surface so that they can be healed..

No comments:

Post a Comment