Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Things not to say to a pregnant person....

I'm pretty sure this is not going to be comprehensive....but let's give it a go...

1. "Say goodbye to your independence for the next twenty years..."
2. "You will finally understand the amount of stress I'm under..."
3. "I had *describe horrific symptoms in excruciating detail* but hope you don't get them..."

Some lovely and safe things to say on the other hand....

1. Congratulations!
2. I'm so happy for you guys!
3. What awesome news!

I guess with pregnancies, especially first timers, it can be a journey fraught with uncertainties..I mean, there is a million and one things to worry about if one is so inclined.....

and the person who should have the last word?

God.

Today He said very plainly: I am the giver of good things. I am the giver of life, not death. I am your good Father.

And yes, in You, we put our trust for a safe, smooth pregnancy, delivery and baby and that You will give us the wisdom and energy to raise up the children You have entrusted us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment