Friday, November 6, 2015

So very nearly there...

Today I am 40 weeks + 2 days pregnant  and the renovations for our home is nearly completed other than the mantel in our bedroom but that's not a big deal...the tile backsplash and fireplace finally got done and I cannot be happier..! 
Baby is doing well- we had the non stress test done on Thursday but the midwife is rather keen for me to give birth sooner rather than later so the original plan of waiting till November 14th would  have to be scraped...she suggested a membrane sweep for my next appointment and I went ahead and ate some fresh pineapple this morning...and boy, it does seem to have some effects...the mucous plug fell off about three hours later! (It looks gross...like a slimy bloody slug..) I'm not sure if I'm having contractions or stomach cramps but it's ok- we are prepared for baby to arrive any time...(but I do hope it will be on Sunday instead of Saturday...cos the hospital won't be so packed, traffic is usually better and I'd like to go to Cincinnati tomorrow to pick up some baby clothes from a friend...! the other friend who said she will give us baby clothes gave them away to some other stranger cos she felt that stranger was more in need than us..which i reckon would be true but somewhat jarring considering that she told me not to get any baby clothes..?! Fortunately I already got some before she told me that...otherwise I might feel extremely resentful...) the other random thing I have on my mind is a couple who gave me three sets of baby clothes for the baby shower with the price tags on- the total value of the clothes were close to $50 but there was no gift receipts...and the corned were all 0-3 months which we have too much off...so I went back to the store with the hope of exchanging them for bigger sizes...and those clothes were on clearance...so sizes were limited and they were on 20% with an additional 75% off...so the total cost would have been closer to $10 than $50...I know I sound extremely petty but I guess I just don't understand why someone would do that ...or rather I do not have a good explanation other than the fact the giver was deliberately trying to give us the impression that they spent much more than they did? And that they really didn't care about what we wanted or needed...? (Cos we did try to tell everyone not to give us baby clothes..) so what is it about the gift? I mean, I love bargain hunting and can't resist a bargain and would frequently buy stuff for owllike just cos they are on sale and I think they would like it but I guess I wouldn't leave the price tags on...cos that's tacky..? Lord Jesus, help me see how gracious you are to me so that I can reflect the same graciousness to other people...and also, not stress out so much about stuff that my baby might need...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment